What is the Housing Loan Program?
The Housing Loan Program extends assistance to individual borrowers to finance any or a combination of the following:
- Purchase of a fully developed lot not exceeding one thousand (1,000) square meters which should be within a residential area;
- Purchase of a lot and construction of a house thereon.
- Purchase of a residential house and lot, townhouse or condominium unit, inclusive of a parking slot, which may be:
- old or brand new;
- a property mortgaged with the Fund; or
- an acquired asset which is disposed of through sealed public bidding, negotiated sale or Rent to Own program
- Construction or completion of a residential unit in a lot owned by the member;
- Home improvement;
- Refinancing of an existing mortgage loan with an institution acceptable to the Fund, provided that:
- the loan to be refinanced is current and updated at the time of loan application;
- the account reflects a perfect repayment history for at least two years, as supported by the borrower’s official receipts
- Combination of loan purposes shall be limited to the following:
- Purchase of a fully developed lot not exceeding 1,000 sq.m. and construction of a residential unit thereon
- Purchase of a residential unit, whether old or new, with home improvement;
- Refinancing of an existing mortgage with home improvement or
- Refinancing of an existing mortgage, specifically a lot loan with construction of a residential unit thereon.
Who are eligible to borrow?
- Must be a member under the Pag-IBIG I or Pag-IBIG II program for at least 24 months as evidenced by the remittance of at least 24 monthly contributions at the time of loan application:
- Must be a member under the Pag-IBIG Overseas Program (POP) for at least two years
- A member under Pag-IBIG I & II or the POP shall be allowed to make a lump sum payment equivalent to the required number of monthly contributions to satisfy this requirement;
- Under the Pag-IBIG Overseas Program (POP), must have remitted an amount equivalent to his savings for at least 12 months.
- Must not be more than 65 years old at loan maturity and must be insurable;
- Must have the legal capacity to acquire and encumber real property;
- Must have passed satisfactory background/credit and employment/business checks of the developer and the Fund;
- Had no Pag-IBIG housing loan that was foreclosed, cancelled, bought back or subjected to “dacion en pago”
- Must have no outstanding Pag-IBIG housing loan, either as a principal borrower or co-borrower; and
- Has no outstanding Pag-IBIG multi-purpose loan in arrears at the time of loan application. A member whose multi-purpose loan is in arrears shall be required to pay his arrears over the counter to update his account.
How does one avail of a Pag-IBIG Housing Loan ?
- Attend a Loan Counseling session at the Pag-IBIG Office concernedAccomplish a Preliminary Loan Counseling Questionnaire, Housing Loan Application (HLA) and Membership Status Verification Slip. If eligible, secure checklist of requirements.
- Submit HLA with complete requirements. Pay a processing fee of P1,000.00 (non-refundable)
- Receive Notice of Approval/Letter of Guaranty and sign loan documents.
- Proceed to BIR and present Deed of Absolute Sale (DOAS) between owner of the property and applicant for payment of documentary stamps and capital gains tax.
- Proceed to Registry of Deeds (RD) for payment of transfer of tax and registration fees for the transfer of title.
- Proceed to Notary Public for notarization of LMA and annotation of mortgage with the Registry of Deeds (RD) and to Assessor’s Office to secure new tax declaration in the name of the applicant.
- Secure Occupancy Permit from the Local Government Unit’s (LGU) Engineering Office for Purchase of new Residential Unit (PRU), Purchase of Lot and Construction of a New Residential Unit (PLCH) and Construction of House (CH) loan purposes.
- Submit the following documents to Pag-IBIG office concerned:
- Original Transfer Certificate of Title in the name of the applicant with annotated mortgage
- DOAS with original RD stamp
- New Tax Declaration in the name of the applicant
- Updated Real Estate Tax Receipt (house and lot, if applicable)
- Occupancy Permit
- Assignment of Loan Proceeds
- Release of loan proceeds
- Start monthly amortization on the month immediately following loan take-out/final loan release.
Pag-Ibig Fund Call Center Hotline: 8-724-4244 (8-Pag-IBIG) – 24/7 Call Center
Additional information from the Pag-Ibig site